Personalized Napkin Ring Place Cards
//Cricut DIY Projects
Personalized items feel a bit nicer, don’t they? I love personalizing things like water bottles, my daughter’s backpack, my planners, keychains, monogrammed luggage tags, etc. Creating a custom gift or decor piece always feels so special, and those types of projects are made so much easier with the Cricut Die-Cutting machines! I used my Cricut Maker for this project, but I also have the Classic Cricut Explore and made a ton of projects with that as well.
Right before the holidays, my mom asked me to help her with a little project she had in mind for Christmas Eve dinner. She found these wooden napkin rings on Amazon and thought it would be a cool idea to personalized napkin ring place cards for our family members. What a cool idea, right?
This Cricut DIY was super simple, quick and easy! I opened up Cricut Design Space, typed out all of our family members’ names and chose a font my mom and I both liked. Then I measured the napkin rings to choose a size that I thought would fit best and ran the cut job on my Cricut! I used standard white permanent vinyl, weeded the designs, applied the transfer tape, cut out the names and then applied them!
Some tips you want to be sure to follow during projects like these.
- Make sure to choose the correct setting for the type of vinyl you are using.
- Add extra space between the designs on your virtual mat before you cut.
- Use a brayer to stick the vinyl down firmly before starting to weed.
- Make sure you have the right tools for the job! The correct cutting mat, transfer tape, squeegee and weeding tools will make all the difference.
- Wipe your surfaces down with rubbing alcohol before applying vinyl. This removes any residue or oils from the product that might stop it from bonding effectively.
The more Cricut projects you do, the more confident you will become. Don’t take crafting too seriously! You can always start over or try again on a new item. Have fun with all of the possibilities and enjoy the process. Checkout my freebies to download my free designs like SVGs and printables!
Follow my on Instagram for more DIYs and inspiration! Make sure to tag me in any photos you take of your own personalized projects! Check out the link below to my Cricut Favorites list on my Amazon Storefront to get everything you need to complete this project.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!